Nestled amid the arid beauty of the Coachella Valley, just outside Desert Hot Springs and a short drive from Palm Springs, lies Caliente Springs Resort. Renowned for its natural mineral hot springs, this popular destination offers a unique blend of relaxation, recreation and desert charm. Whether you’re seeking a rejuvenating soak, an active getaway or a base to explore the surrounding natural wonders, Caliente Springs Resort provides a memorable experience.
Caliente Springs Hot Pools
Immerse yourself in the healing waters of Caliente Springs’ multiple hot pools. Each pool boasts its own distinct character and temperature, ranging from comfortably warm to soothingly hot. The mineral-rich waters, naturally heated by the earth’s core, are known for their therapeutic properties, promoting relaxation and easing muscle tension.
- Number of pools: Several
- Pool types: Varies, including lap pools, soaking pools, and mineral pools
- Temperature range: 98°F – 104°F (36°C – 40°C)
- Mineral content: Primarily calcium, magnesium, and sodium
- Day use access: Yes
Caliente Springs Resort Facilities
Caliente Springs Resort offers a range of amenities to enhance your stay. Take a dip in the refreshing outdoor pool, challenge yourself on the pickleball or tennis courts or unwind in the comfortable lounge.
- Buildings: Clubhouse, pool complex, fitness center, laundry facilities, convenience store
- Overnight accommodations: RV sites, vacation rentals
- Camping: RV camping
- Spa: Massage services available
- Restaurant: Onsite restaurant and poolside snack bar
- Other facilities: Dog park, game room, shuffleboard courts, mini golf
- Family-friendly: Yes, with activities and amenities suitable for all ages.
- Pet-friendly: Yes, in designated areas and RV sites.
- Clothing-optional: No.
Access and Usage Fees
Prices vary depending on the season, type of accommodation and desired access (day use vs. overnight).
The Cahuilla people utilized the natural hot springs for centuries before its official establishment in 1925. Over the years, the resort has changed hands several times, undergoing various renovations and expansions.
Seasonal Access Information
The hot springs are accessible year-round. Winter driving conditions are mild but be prepared for occasional rain or wind. Summer temperatures can be high, so sun protection is essential.
What is the best time of the year to visit Caliente Springs Resort?
The best time to visit depends on your preferences. Spring and fall offer pleasant weather, while summer is ideal for enjoying the pool complex.
- Joshua Tree National Park: Explore the otherworldly desert landscapes and other hot springs near Joshua Tree National Park, just a short drive away.
- Palm Springs Aerial Tramway: Ascend to the breathtaking summit of Mt. San Jacinto for panoramic views and alpine adventures.
- The Living Desert Zoo and Gardens: Encounter desert animals and explore botanical wonders at this unique zoo and garden.
- Coachella Valley Music and Arts Festival: Immerse yourself in the music scene at the world-renowned Coachella festival, held nearby each spring.
Driving Directions to Caliente Springs Resort
From Los Angeles, take I-10 east to Highway 62, then exit for Desert Hot Springs. Follow signs for Caliente Springs Resort.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Nextdoor (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on X (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)