Stewart Mineral Hot Springs is located in the foothills of Mount Shasta within the Klamath National Forest, just 20 minutes from Weed, California. Steeped in history and surrounded by majestic natural beauty, this retreat offers a tranquil escape in Northern California. Open year-round to daytime visitors and overnight guests. Visitors can enjoy private mineral baths, indulge in massage therapy, relax in a wood-burning sauna and choose from diverse overnight accommodations.
Stewart Mineral Hot Springs Pools
- 13 private bathhouses with individual tubs
- Mineral-rich water heated naturally to 102-108°F
- Day-use access available (call to confirm availability)
- Clothing-optional experience within private bathhouses
Stewart Mineral Springs Retreat Facilities
Soak in the sacred mineral waters of the Karuk Tribe amidst towering pines and the tranquil murmur of Park Creek. Choose from 13 private bathhouses where individual natural mineral baths are drawn for each guest according to their temperature preference. A sheet and towel are provided. Adjacent to the private rooms is a wood-fed sauna for further detoxification.
Stewart Mineral Springs additionally features the Creekside Cafe (seasonal), Gift Shop and offers massage therapy and facials during bathhouse hours by reservation.
- Rustic cabins and campsites for overnight stays
- Wood-burning sauna for deeper relaxation
- Massage therapy studio to soothe tired muscles
- Cozy restaurant serving organic meals
- Ample parking
Overnight lodging options range from rustic cabins to campsites, making Stewart Mineral Hot Springs ideal for solo soaks, romantic getaways or family adventures.
- 5 tepees
- 4 motel rooms
- 6 apartment-style units
- 5 cabins with kitchenettes
- Large A-frame house (for up to 10 people)
Camping spots are also available, allowing access to the gorgeous wood-burning sauna and creek plunge.
Access and Usage Fees
Prices vary based on the season and type of accommodation. Contact Stewart Mineral Hot Springs directly for current rates and availability.
Stewart Mineral Hot Springs has been a cherished destination for centuries. Originally used by the Karuk Tribe for healing and ceremony, the springs were later developed into a resort in the early 20th century. Today, the retreat remains committed to respecting the land’s sacred history while offering a peaceful haven for modern-day soakers.
Seasonal Access Information
- Open year-round, weather permitting
- Winter driving conditions may require chains or AWD vehicles
- Summer wildfire season may impact air quality
- Mount Shasta: Hike to the summit or admire its majestic presence from the springs
- McCloud Falls: Witness the cascading beauty of one of California’s tallest waterfalls
- Castle Lake: Enjoy boating, fishing and stunning mountain scenery
- McCloud Volcano: Explore the otherworldly landscape of this dormant volcano
Stewart Mineral Hot Springs Retreat Directions
From Weed, California, take I-5 N towards Portland. Exit at 751 for Edgewood and turn left onto Edgewood Road. Turn right onto Stewart Springs Road and stay left to reach the resort.
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Mastodon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Nextdoor (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on X (Opens in new window)
- Click to email a link to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)